I get asked a lot about having two stores. Here’s a few thoughts on that if you are considering it:
- Two stores to maintain and pay premium fees for – This means two banners, two logos, two logins. But honestly, this part really wasn’t that big of a deal.
- Two social media accounts. I keep my Facebook pages separate but one Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter (for now). I find this works best for me to manage. (Note: I have since split my Twitter and am considering splitting Instagram).
- Both my stores feel less cluttered. People follow me because they want music ed products OR because they are interested in digital design. I love that I don’t feel like I am spamming one group or the other when I upload a product. In addition, when buyers are browsing my store, they don’t have to sift through products they are not interested in.
- Marketing is easier when I am able to brand with Pitch Clips or Pitch Publications.
One thing I did struggle with was connecting faces with store names! I know many use a picture as their logo, but I do not as I know my appearance will change throughout the years. Therefore, I was thrilled to be offered a chance to have my logo on my shirt by A+ Images.
They sent me a GREAT shirt with my logo. I went with a print on black and was worried about the ink rubbing off but even after a few washes, it looks GREAT! I will certainly use it again!
Several people approached me thanks to my shirt, and we were able to connect! If you are in the market for a shirt for your business or your school programs, go check them out. They are absolutely wonderful and just the kindest people!
Featured in the Newsletter
As TpT Sellers, we all apply to be featured in the TpT Newsletter – only two clip artists are chosen each week! Right before the holidays, my Composition Notebook set was chosen! Thanks to TpT I was able to connect with about 100 new followers that week!
2016 – Resolutions
- Increase my products from 96 to 200 by December 31. Yes, I have that many ideas – all I need is time!
- Complete my instruments of the orchestra set and orff instrument set. This has been on my list a long time and I need them myself for my other store.
- Take on more custom projets. I have been doing TpT Banners for awhile and I really enjoy helping other sellers!
- Continue to learn more about digital art – I plan to take a few more digital art courses this year as I am one of those crazy people who just LOVES going to school 🙂
So I guess that is really about it – What are YOU planning on doing this year?